Who I am....

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, February 6, 2012

Families can be together forever...

On our trip to Utah we went to an LDS temple that we had not attended before. It is in Sandy, Utah -- The Jordan River Temple. This was a milestone for us as it was the first time that all of us have been able to go inside together.
Our faith teaches us that ordinances that are performed on earth and in a temple of the Lord can be "sealed" or  bound in the next life. This is why we believe it is so important to marry in God's temple -- those who are united there can be together forever -- for eternity. Once this ordinance has been performed we must remain faithful and endure life and it's challenges while here on earth. The greatest reward will be to be united with our families and live with God again.

Imagine my joy to have my family all together inside this temple. It truthfully felt like heaven on earth. My favorite scripture in the New Testament is found in 3 John 1:4 -- I find no greater joy that to see my children walk in truth.

This day was truly a day of joy for me. Families are the unit that teach us how to be more loving, compassionate and charitable. It makes sense that God created us to dwell in families so we could grow together and become better through our association. I love my family and am grateful to know that 
we can be together forever!





No comments:

Post a Comment