Who I am....

I'm a Mormon.

Monday, February 6, 2012

The thing I'd change....

I recently went to the broadway play, "Beauty and the Beast". One of the songs performed was called, "A Change in Me". I haven't really been able to stop thinking about its message. It's made me ponder, what is the thing that I wish I could change?

The list is long,  but the one thing I would like to focus on is that I should have lived a more healthy life -- meaning eating better and exercising more through the years. Now that I've reached the age of 50, I'm feeling some sense of urgency. I realize I am in the "final 3rd of my life". I don't have a lot of time to accomplish the things I want to do while I remain on this earth. For that reason I am getting very serious about what I do with the time that is left. I want to be healthy and live life to the fullest.

I have been reading the book, "Younger Next Year", by Chris Crowley and Henry S. Lodge, MD. It mainly is a book about nutrition and exercise. Oh, how I wish that I could go back in time and live a different lifestyle. But I can't change the past and I have begun to make the most of my time through exercising EVERY day and eating right.

I've joined a gym, SNAP 24-7 and having been participating in aerobics and weight training. I haven't missed a day in 40 days! If you want to join me, you can find me there at 5:30 am.! I also joined Weight Watchers (again - hopefully the last time) and am making some  lasting life changes.

To stay accountable I often post on Facebook my goals and accomplishments. It's not meant to brag but to keep myself in check. I thank those who support me in this effort.



Because I don't have a lot of time left, I've gotta get "Crackin". I've always wanted to make a difference and change the world. Perhaps that's not possible, but I am confident I can make the CHANGE in ME!


No comments:

Post a Comment